Finding a workers’ compensation lawyer in Leominster, Massachusetts or just about anywhere else can be a challenge because it takes a special set of skills and experience to become a good workers’ compensation lawyer. Because workers’ comp law is so complex and highly specialized, clients are generally not well-served by attorneys who just try their hand once in a while at workers’ comp. It’s important to find a workers’ compensation attorney with that specific experience and desire to help you get the most compensation for your injury.
You can start by asking friends, family members, and even co-workers for recommendations on a good workers’ compensation lawyer in Leominster, Massachusetts. The state and local bar associations and legal aid offices may also be able to provide referrals. Likewise, the Web is always a good place to do local searches for workers’ comp lawyers – websites are an excellent way to get an idea of how professional and experienced an attorney is.
Virtually all workers’ compensation lawyers offer free initial consultations with prospective clients. While a good lawyer will ask you dozens of questions related to your claim, you should be asking just as many questions of the attorney. Remember, this is a job interview, and you are the employer. The following questions will help you gauge the attorney’s level of experience and knowledge in workers’ compensation.
- How many years have you been handling workers’ compensation claims?
- How much of your practice is devoted to workers’ comp?
- Can you represent me throughout the entire workers’ comp process, including at administrative hearings and appeals, and in circuit court?
- Can you provide me with any references, whether former clients or colleagues in the legal community?
- Will you be working on my case personally, or will legal assistants and paralegals handle the bulk of the work?
- If I call your office with a question about my case, will I speak to you or a legal assistant?
- Do you also represent employers and insurance companies in workers’ comp cases, or only injured workers?
- Are you a member of any professional organizations in the field of workers’ compensation law? Are you board-certified in workers’ comp?
- Can you explain to me how a workers’ compensation claim proceeds through the system? How do attorneys’ fees work?
- Will I be charged for litigation-related expenses, and if so, what do those expenses include? Will I be charged even if my case is unsuccessful?
- Do you arrange for clients to receive consultative medical examinations with appropriate specialists? Under what circumstances?
- How do you estimate the value of my case? What are the strengths and weakness of my case?
Leominster, Massachusetts workers’ compensation lawyer Gary M. Abrams is a skilled, practicing workers comp attorney who knows Massachusetts workers compensation law and has the skills, knowledge and experience to get you the most compensation you deserve for you injury. If you’ve been injured on the job, you want to make sure you have a workers’ comp attorney as skilled as Gary Abrams on your side fighting for YOU each and every step of the way.
Unlike some workers compensation attorneys who might run up large expenses arguing a worker’s comp case, the Law Office of Gary Abrams only gets paid if you win. Why take chances with an attorney who only dabbles in workers’ comp? Contact the Leominster, Fitchburg, Gardner, Lunenburg, and Clinton MA workers’ compensation lawyer who will fight for you and win your case – Gary Abrams.